Friday, February 18, 2011

My sanctuary.

I’m looking out my bedroom window watching my neighbors hoe and plant seeds in their backyard (vineyard) while their two cows roam around the fire that is burning on their land, prepping it for a better harvest. This is Georgia.

Everyday I spend a couple of hours in my room, to myself. I listen to my music, peruse the Internet, or maybe watch an episode of Friends. It doesn’t really matter what I do, but when I’m in my room I get to leave everything else outside…and everyone inside, can understand me J. I’m in a place that not many people know about and even fewer have been to. I consider myself very lucky to be in the midst of this experience, but the intricacies of it all can get exhausting. There is nothing here that is like home. It’s not good or bad, better or worse, but it’s not familiar. Yes, this is part of the reason of why I’m here…but we all need our sanity.

I just finished folding my laundry and putting on warmer clothes for the evening when I looked out my window and saw my neighbors. That’s when I realized that sometimes it’s nice to experience things through a window…to just sit back, watch, and enjoy.

cow...man...fire...Georgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment